we STRIVE for a sustainable future
In the Bühlmann Family, we have a strong focus on sustainable development and how our actions will affect the future. We take responsibility for protecting the environment and therefore we have created the Bühlmann Believe concept, which illustrates our ambitious sustainability policy across the entire group.
- We focus on the local and organic – both when it comes to ingredients as well as partners and suppliers.
- We are constantly working towards reducing our total energy consumption.
- We care about how our fellow human beings feel and we take responsibility for social sustainability.
kitchens that make a difference
sustainability tastes fantastic
Bühlmann-kitchens are not afraid to make a difference, and this is clearly reflected in the daily work. We constantly focus on how we can make your plate sustainable and delicious at the same time. Below you can read some of the initiatives in our kitchens.
- We focus on minimizing food waste, organic waste and residual product
- We work with Too Good To Go
- We select kitchen equipment based on savings and efficiency
- We have increased the amount of green dishes and use less meat
- We focus on organic and local ingredients that are in season
ingredients with care
the organic & local comes first
Common to all our restaurants is that the ingredients are selected with care for the environment. Our chefs always prioritize organic and local ingredients, so you can eat and drink with a clear conscience at our hotels.
- We buy meat from Danish producers who focus on animal welfare for example from Himmerland and Rokkedahl
- We put the local producers first and have, for example, a close collaboration with Thy Whiskey, Aalborg Chokoladen, Vin og Specialiteter, Staarup Haandbryg, Aabybro Mejeri and Tolne Gjæstgivergaard
- We prioritize buying organic ingredients, for example from Hestbjerg Økologi, Bies Bryggeri and Lille Østergaards Økologi
- We grow our own vegetables, herbs and berries at several of our hotels
green business partners
we do not compromise with our values
For us, it is important that our business partners have a green profile that matches our values. Therefore, we have a strong focus on working with producers who are local, organic and sustainable in their approach.
- We procure on the basis of our sustainable guideline in our procurement policy where we, among other things, focuses on long-term and resource saving products.
- We select interiors that are both certified and environmentally approved
- We work with producers and suppliers who live up to certain requirements in relation to sustainability, for example Peter Larsen Kaffe and Circular Coffee Community
- We have increased our focus on collaboration with local entrepreneurs to help flourish the business community.
reduced energy consumption
we economize on the energy
We are constantly working towards reducing our total CO2 emissions, and are constantly focusing on sustainable solutions for a green future. At each Bühlmann-hotel, we have developed an action plan so that we are constantly evolving.
- We focus on minimizing our energy and water consumption by, for example, using water-saving light bulbs.
- We have minimized a large part of our paper consumption through digitalization – and the paper we use is FSC-certified
- We recycle materials and have a minimal consumption of disposable materials
- We buy all our electronic through Refurb, and all our computers, printers and copiers are eco-labeled
- We opt out of environmentally harmful packaging and instead we buy degradable packaging
- We have a strong focus on informing staff as well as guests about how to minimize its energy consumption
- We always buy new products with a focus on longevity, recycling and energy consumption
- We focus on increasing the share of sustainable energy
- We compost our garden waste and use rainwater collectors
textiles & cleaning
gentle for you and the environment
At all Bühlmann hotels, we use environmentally friendly textiles and cleaning products. As a guest, it is definitely something you will notice when you enter your hotel room.
- We buy environmentally certified cleaning products and longlasting cloths
- We make sure to use appropriate dosages of cleaning products and we always try to minimize our consumption
- All our cleaning products and linen are Nordic Eco-labelled
- Our linen is washed at DFD due to their sustainable profile
- We always encourage our guests to reuse as much as possible in the hotel rooms.
- We use environmentally friendly soap, shampoo and body wash by Eco by Green Culture and Meraki in our bathrooms
inclusion & education
social sustainability that can be feeled
It is not only the environmental sustainability that we focus on. We also care a lot about how our fellow human beings feel, and we believe it is a crucial factor for a sustainable and healthy society.
- We focus on staff welfare and attrition
- We ensure proper training of staff
- We give our staff the opportunity to develop professionally as well as personally
- We contribute to the education of students in various subjects and are very happy to work with interns at all hotels
- We support concepts where the focus is on social sustainability for example, we collaborate with Råt & Godt
green key & the organic cuisine label
We are proud to announce that three of our hotels have been certified with the eco-label called Green Key: Airport Hotel in Nørresundby, Slotshotellet in Aalborg and Nørre Vosborg in Vemb. This means that we meet certain environmental requirements in a large number of areas.
Airport Hotel has also been awarded the Organic Cuisine Label in Bronze, which means that 30-60% of all the hotel’s ingredients are organic. This is clearly reflected in the menu, where animal welfare, quality and ecology are paramount.
we want to make a difference
At the Bühlmann-hotels, we have come a long way in terms of sustainability and green solutions, and we are of course incredibly proud of that. However, it is important for us to emphasize that sustainability is not something that is ever achieved. We are constantly evolving and improving. For example, we have sat a number of ambitious goals, which we are working towards.
- We constantly focus on reducing CO2 emissions throughout the hotels
- We emphasize on sustainable solutions for future development
- We have a vision that all hotels are Green Key certified by the end of 2022